The cardholders will get to benefits up to Rs 20,000 which includes gift vouchers worth Rs 15,000 from Goibibo along with other benefits, that can be used to purchase flights and book hotels.
New Delhi: ICICI Bank announced the launch of a co-branded multicurrency travel card with Goibibo. The card will offfer monetary benefits to international travel enthusiasts. Anyone travelling abroad, whether an ICICI Bank savings account customer or not, can apply for the ‘Goibibo ICICI Bank Travel Card’ digitally on the Goibibo website and mobile app. Accepted across 200 countries and 46 million merchants globally, the card can be loaded with upto 15 currencies.
As per the ICICI Bank release, cardholders will get to benefits up to Rs 20,000 which includes gift vouchers worth Rs 15,000 from Goibibo along with other benefits, that can be used to purchase flights and book hotels on the travel site. Additionally, customers will also get 40 paise discount on the currency conversion rate on loading of minimum USD 1,000. Further, they will get the advantage of complimentary card protection from theft/loss up to Rs 5 lakh.
Apart from all this, the card will also provide a flat 15% discount at over 100 Indian restaurants across six foreign cities. The card allows customers to instantly convert money from one currency to another at bank’s internet portal, as well as reload currency into the card anytime, anywhere using the bank’s mobile and internet banking platform. In addition to this co-branded travel card, ICICI Bank also has other products such as Sapphiro Travel Card and Coral Travel Card.
Exclusive benefits of the Goibibo ICICI Bank Travel card include:
- 1. Travel privileges up to Rs 20,000
- 2. Exclusive Goibibo vouchers worth Rs 15,000
- 3. Gift voucher of ‘goCash+’ worth Rs 500 (goCash+ is fully redeemable Goibibo currency and can be fully redeemed up to the value on the travel portal)
- 4. Discount of 40 paise on currency conversion rate on loading of minimum USD 1,000.
- 5. Complimentary cards’ protection service offered by OneAssist wallet assistance worth Rs 1,600. This provides theft/lost card protection to customers of up to Rs 5 lakh
- 6. Discount of Rs 500 on shopping at Croma outlets (including at airport and online)
- 7. Ola discount voucher worth of Rs 500 on load of USD 1,000 and Rs 1,000 on load of USD 2,000
- 8. Dining discount of flat 15% at 100+ Indian restaurants in 6 cities namely Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, London, Singapore, Hong Kong and Bangkok
- 9. Instant reloading and currency transfer: Instant transfer of money from one currency to another through Bank’s internet portal and reload currency into the card anytime, anywhere.
- 10. Free replacement travel card included in the kit
How to apply for the ‘Goibibo ICICI Bank Travel Card’
Step 1: Login to Goibibo website or mobile application
Step 2: Fill a few details like name, mobile number, passport number, Email ID, PAN number etc.
Step 3: Enter OTP received on mobile number and address
Step 4: Select the currency and amount to be loaded
Step 5: Make payment using ICICI Bank savings account or billdesk portal for non-ICICI Bank customers
It may be noted that as per the UN World Tourism Organisation estimate, India is the second fastest growing outbound tourism market in the world, after China. Around 50 million Indians are estimated to travel overseas in 2019, more than double of 23 million in 2017. The ‘Goibibo ICICI Bank Travel Card’ not only offers the option of loading up to 15 currencies, but also comes bundled with various other services.